Janet L. Pennisi, Esq.
A Commitment to Professionalism and Excellence
Attorney Janet L. Pennisi has both litigated and settled complex matrimonial, securities, labor, and commercial disputes.
Janet opened her boutique law practice in Millburn, New Jersey in 1993, bringing together her depth of experience in finance and law for clients who need to resolve difficult problems. She understands the multidimensional issues at stake when family members find themselves in conflict, and limits her practice to litigation, mediation, arbitration, or a combination of dispute resolution options designed to yield an optimal outcome for the client. Janet manages cases for trial success while continuing to target the optimum settlement solutions tailored to each client.
Accredited by the Administrative Office of the Courts as a certified mediator since 2001, Janet is also a trained arbitrator and receives regular court appointments. She is highly regarded in the legal community for her skill in family law cases involving significant or complex assets. She has been the Chair for the Supreme Court of New Jersey District Fee Arbitration Committee for Essex County District V-B, and is currently a member of the Supreme Court of New Jersey District V-B Suburban Essex County Ethics Committee. She has appeared on national television as a legal commentator for CNN and its related affiliates, MSNBC and the Fox networks.
- States of New Jersey, New York and Florida
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- 1984 Syracuse University, College of Law (J.D.)
- 1981 Cornell University (B.S.); Flora Rose Scholar
Practice Limited to Litigation, Mediation and Arbitration of:
- Family Business Disputes
- Estate Conflict
- Custody and Child Support
- Parenting Time
- Domestic Violence